Video & Sound Production (Project 2)

Video & Sound Production (Project 2)

Dea Natasha Binti Mohd Khairul Fauzi (0368610)
24/05/2024 - 30/06/2024 (Week 05 - Week 10)
Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media

Project 2 (A) - Production Shooting
Project 2 (B) - TikTok/Insta Video Treatment


1    INSTRUCTIONS



2    LECTURE

Week o5 (24/05/2024) :


We are preparing for our next project which is production shooting. Next week, we have to record some clips from the movie Everything Everywhere All At Once. We are divided into 3 groups and we have to choose our roles.

Week 06 (31/05/2024) :


This week, we will begin recording all the scenes. We've formed a group last week and everyone has their own role. After that, we have to edit the video by doing colour correction and colour grading.

Week 7 (07/06/2024) : 


No lecture (Independent Learning Week). 

Week 9 (21/06/2024) :




3    TASK 2 (A) PRODUCTION SHOOTING

a)    Shooting Practice

Week o5 (24/05/2024)

Shooting the video

Listening to Mr. Martin's advice

Watching our final video

b) Production Shooting

Week 06 (31/05/2024)

Recording the 1st scene

Adjusting the camera position

Watching the 1st recorded scene

Doing "blood" makeup

Adjusting the lighting

Comparing our scene and the reference

Recording the next scene

Adjusting the mic

Figuring out how to adjust the position of the camera

Recording the final scene

Watching our final recording


c)    Colour Correction and Colour Grading

Week 06 (31/05/2024)

Synchronising the audio and the clips

Cutting the audio and the clips

Rearranging the audio and the clips

Adding texts

Adding the background music

Adding the transitions

Exporting the final video


d)    Final Video


Click here to watch the video on Youtube

e)    Quiz result

Click here to view the quiz


f)    Reflection week 5 - 6

Experience :
This week's assignment is very fun. I like being the crew. I was in charge of the lighting and personally, I think my task was one of the easiest. I enjoyed doing this project with my teammates.

Observation :
Production shooting is a job for a lot of people who need to work together in order to produce the best video. We must have teamwork or else we can't do this project.

Finding :
I learned that there are so many roles in production shooting. Every single role is important to this project.


4    TASK 2 (B) TIKTOK/INSTA VIDEO TREATMENT

Week 7 (07/06/2024) 


a)    Your favourite video trend
  • Preparing bento meals
I like watching people making bento meals for their children, especially if they add their own twist to it. This TikToker, Jessica Woo, always finds a way to make her kids' bento meals so pretty. Every single one of her meals is different and unique. The little notes that she leaves is so cute too.  

  • Book haul and review 
Ever since PBAKL was held last week, I've seen a lot of people showing off the books that they bought. I personally like this video by @readswithlola as she shows her book haul and tells us the reason why she bought those books. In her other videos, she often do book reviews which helps me a lot as I always want to know more about a book before I buy it. 

  • Product reviews 
TikTok has an online shop called TikTok Shop. There, people can sell many kinds of products. TikTokers like @curmina_ buys popular stuff and makes honest review about them. Her videos have helped a lot of people who have problems deciding what to buy. Her videos often have links to the stores, so it's easy for us to buy the things that she's reviewing. 

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSYkL9N2x/

b)    Infuse your creativity

Between the three trends that I like, the book haul and review is definitely my favourite. However, I noticed that most book haul videos and book review videos are in different videos. The book review videos are always too long. I would love to make a shorter video that can show my book haul and my reviews. 

c)    About idea

I want to show my books one by one. The camera pauses on one book, and then labels like a mindmap appear around the book. The labels would contain my review of the book. 

d)    The moodboard


e)    Storyboard


f)    Process

Week 9 (21/06/2024)

For my first try, I did most of it in Adobe After Effects. I showed my first try to Mr Martin during consultation and he wanted me to add a recorded video of me.

Editing the cover of the books

Editing the back of the books

First try, but didn't make it to final cut

Editing the video

Exporting the video

Week 10 (28/06/2024)

After consultation with Mr Martin last week, I followed his instructions very carefully. I recorded myself and added the recordings to the original AE video, then I continued editing in Capcut. 

Compiling all recorded videos

Testing the videos

Adding the title in the intro

Exporting the video

Exported the video from After Effects to Capcut

Adding the texts

Exporting the final video

g)    Final submission

Click here to watch the video on Youtube


h)    Reflection week 5 - 10

Experience :
Task 2 (A) was very fun. I got to experience what it fees like to be on set. Task 2 (B) was good. I got to explore my creativity by doing whatever video that I want. 

Observation :
When doing Task 2 (A), I realised that everyone in the group has their own task, but they should still help others. I was given the easiest task which is controlling the light, so I ended up helping the others after I finished my task. When doing Task 2 (B), I enjoyed it. I got to watch a lot of videos on Instagram and Tiktok when doing my research.  


Finding :
For Task 2 (A), I found out more about each and every role that is need when shooting a video. This helped me understand more about the struggles of real filmmakers. For Task 2 (B), I found out how hard it it to create a video. I wonder how Tiktokers and video editors do this every single day. 


.
.
.
THE END
.
.
.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog